The Synod of South Atlantic partners and serves with Presbyterians and friends in Florida, Georgia and South Carolina.
Our Mission Statement:
The mission of the Synod of South Atlantic is to faithfully serve Jesus Christ and the Presbyterian Church (USA) by supporting the ministries of our sixteen presbyteries and encouraging cooperation among sessions, presbyteries, and the General Assembly.
Fulfilling Our Mission:
In community, through connections and relationships, the purpose of the Synod of South Atlantic through 2021 is to:
- Ensure full integration of diversity in all of its life and work;
- Equip and empower transformational leadership;
- Provide for mutual enrichment among the leadership of our 16 presbyteries; and
- Use innovative technology to accomplish its purpose, model effective communication strategies, and share best practices.
Mission Support (Unified) Provides Funding for:
- New Church Development and Transformation Grants
- Association of Smaller Congregations
- Special Ministry Grants
- Exploration and Feasibility Grants
- All Racial Ethnic Concerns (Grants, Training, Etc.)
Per Capita Support Provides Funding for:
- Office operations and Equipment Updates
- All Committee and Permanent Judicial Commission Meetings
- Stated Clerk
- Synod Communication Publications and Website
- Office Staff Salaries and Benefits