DUE TO A PASSING STORM, THE SYNOD PHONE LINES ARE OUT AND WE DO NOT KNOW WHEN THEY WILL BE BACK ON. IF YOU HAVE AN EMERGENCY AND NEED TO REACH SYNOD STAFF, SEND AN EMAIL TO: KERRINICHOLS@SYNODOFSOUTHATLANTIC.ORG
Welcome to the web site of the Synod of South Atlantic, serving Presbyteries throughout Florida, Georgia and South Carolina. We are committed to resourcing presbyteries and the local church. If you have a need, we are here to help!
The mission of the Synod of the South Atlantic is faithfully to serve Jesus Christ and the Presbyterian Church (USA) by supporting the ministries of our 16 presbyteries and encouraging cooperation among sessions, presbyteries, and the General Assembly.
We serve this mission by:
- Supporting the development of new churches
- Supporting the transformation of congregations
- Supporting the development of racial/ethnic congregations
- Providing scholarships for theological education
- Covenanting with church-related institutions within the bounds of the synod
- Fulfilling the constitutional and administrative responsibilities assigned to the synod in the Book of Order
- Facilitating conversation between the mid Councils of the church
- Offering pastoral care and support to presbytery staffs