WELCOME! The Synod of South Atlantic serves Presbyteries throughout Florida, Georgia and South Carolina. We are committed to resourcing presbyteries, as well as supporting the local church through our grant program.
2019 Stated Meeting ~ College Park, Georgia
The mission of the Synod of South Atlantic is to faithfully serve Jesus Christ and the Presbyterian Church (USA) by supporting the ministries of our 16 presbyteries, and by encouraging cooperation among sessions, presbyteries, and the General Assembly.
Fulfilling Our Mission
- Supporting the development of new churches
- Supporting the transformation of congregations
- Supporting the development of racial/ethnic congregations
- Providing scholarships for theological education
- Fulfilling the constitutional and administrative responsibilities assigned to the Synod in the Book of Order
- Covenanting with church‐related institutions within the bounds of the Synod
- Facilitating conversation between the Mid‐Councils of the church
- Offering pastoral care and support to the staff of Presbyteries